These errors are caused by the Gyazo App not being able to use the Internet connection on your computer to upload. This can be caused by any of a few different things including antivirus software, firewalls, or by proxy / network configuration errors.
To resolve this error, please try the most likely case below if you have an idea or start with #1:
- Case 1: Your computer is not connected to internet
- Verify that you can access the Gyazo website ( https://gyazo.com/ ) or any major website.
- Case 2: DNS is not resolving correctly, or router is not working properly
- Restart your computer and your router.
- Try accessing Gyazo ( https://gyazo.com/ ) via another network such as the 4G connection of your mobile phone to verify.
- Case 3: The network you connect to the internet through (such as a school, company, or government) does not allow you to access or upload to gyazo.com.
- Try using another network if possible.
- Case 4: Gyazo may be blocked by some antivirus software or Windows Defender (security software of Windows)
- Try turning off your anti-virus software briefly, to check if this allows Gyazo to upload images.
- For information on setting up Windows Defender, please see these articles:
- Case 5: There may be a problem with your proxy settings / network configuration
- This case can happen when you configure your browser's proxy settings for a school intranet then try to use the same settings outside of the school's network.
- To check if there are any problems with the proxy settings, try accessing Gyazo ( https://gyazo.com/ ) with a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome. If it is the case that you can access Gyazo with Firefox but not with IE and Chrome, there might be a problem with proxy settings. Please configure your proxy settings back to the default you would use on the network you are currently using.